Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Q & A

Louise said...
Have you had a problem with sagging skin since the weight loss? I'm 7 weeks into my Dukan journey and looking forward to the end (a lo-o-o-ong way away) but admit that this is the only thing bothering me. These before-after pics are amazing, you were beautiful before but...wow! Louise x  Hi Louise!  Loose skin is inevitable if you lose quite a lot of weight, but you can certainly minimize the risk by exercising and drinking plenty of water along the way.  My personal experience is that it is not bad enough to discourage you from losing the weight!
Mindy said...
I just started the diet and happened upon your blog, which I absolutely LOVE! You're such an inspiration! You look gorgeous. Luckily, my fiance is doing the diet with me; we're a little over 3 weeks into it. His weight loss is more rapid than mine, so I'm looking for a fellow female perspective. Are/were there times where you experienced stagnation in your weight loss? Possibly even a frustrating gain? I know everyone is different, but is a 1-2lb loss a week typical? I'm following the "rules" rather strictly, but I admit, once or twice I've slipped. I allow myself to have regular gum, rather than sugar free, and a week ago I regrettably had a beer, which caused a 2lb gain! After that, I swore off straying from the guidelines. My last question is, were there times you allowed yourself to break the rules, and if so, how did it impact your results? Thank you so much for sharing. :) Mindy
 
Hi Mindy,
Plateaus and occasional gains are perfectly normal.  Your body is quite sensitive to the things you eat.  Whether you have to much salt or even if it is a hot day you may retain more water than normal.  Also, cheating is inevitable.  The most important thing is that you compensate for your missteps immediately.  One step back and two steps forward.  Exercise more the next day and do a white out day of only chicken breast, tuna, water, and green tea.  The more times you break the rules the slower your progress will be.  It becomes a balancing act of how badly do you want to have the occasional treat versus how quickly do you want to see more pronounced results.  You control the speed of weight loss.  But never let your missteps prevent you from continuing on.  I cannot stress enough how important it is to not let any amount of weight gain discourage you from fighting just as hard as you were before.  That's how I came so far.  Best of luck to you and your fiance!  Lastly 1-2 lbs a week is superb!  
 
thecardigangirl said...
You are amazing! I'm on my second attempt at diet success. Last year I went from 260 to 191, however i'm back up to 230 and reading about your successes are truly motivating. You are giving me hope that I can do this :)  You most certainly can do this!  When I was 16 I lost 70 lbs and put all of it back on and more.  This diet is different.  It changes your life entirely!  Best of luck :)
Anonymous said...
You are amazing. I have lost 18 lbs on Dukan and am nearing my true weight. I am suddenly struggling when all has been easy so far. I just crave all the wrong things in the last week and have had two awful binge days resulting in 5lb gain. I can feel the whole thing slipping away and am scarily out of control. I don't know what has happened in my head this week. How can I re-focus? Daisy  Hi Daisy, Sit down and make a list of all the things you have to gain by fighting for this.  Look at it as an investment in your future.  You are in control, and no matter what you can always lose the weight.  When you start to focus on failure it can become a reality.  Failure is not an option because you deserve the best!  So go for it.  You'll be amazed at the power that lies within you. :)  
Anonymous said...
You look absolutely amazing and are such an inspiration. Did you have any trouble with consipation or bad breath during the diet?  Hi!  Thanks so much.  I did not have any digestive troubles with the diet, but yes ketosis breath has plagued me quite terribly.  It's a necessary side-effect.  Though it's annoying, I'd much rather be healthier and happier than larger with perfect breath.  I recommend mouth wash.
Anonymous said...
Hi, First of all you look amazing and are truly an inspirational women !! I have just started the Dukan diet and in my first week i have a long way to go but hoping it will be successful !! Laura United Kingdom xx  Hi Laura!  Thanks so much.  Let me know how it goes for you.  You'll be amazed at the results! Thanks so much for your questions.  I'll be happy to answer any others as well.  I hope you all are doing splendidly.  :) And here is a before pic of me from August 26th, 2010.  I didn't know the picture existed til i found it today.  A news reporter took my photo at a Beatles tribute concert.  So I couldn't hold the camera just right to try to hide.  This is where I started.  Less than a year ago, this was me. 

7 comments:

  1. Did you lose all of your weight by following only the Dukan dieting and excercising? No weight loss medication/surgery? I have A LOT of weight to lose and was wanting to know if this diet can truly help lose 100 pounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!,
    Me and my husband just started the Dukan Diet again, and I was just wondering if you lost all the weight just using the dukan diet? If so, I'm super stoked lol!!! You look amazing by the way. How long has this taken you

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are really really beautiful!!!! i was wondering if you actually paid for the coaching and is the coaching worth it? or is it something i can do on my own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done on your weight loss,i have been on the dukan diet since sept 2011 and have lost 4 stone.i have another stone to go,it is a wonderful feeling seeing how your body is changing and how healthy you feel-as long as you have the willpower you can do this diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you order any of the food from the Dukan Diet Website or use his cook book? Also, do you have any recipes you'd like to share for those of us in the attack or cruise phase? Clearly you were able to keep this up for a long time so I am curious how you were able to keep it up without getting bored of the food. I tried the diet last year and lost 20 lbs, but I have gained 5 back. Because I had never reached my goal, I decided to try again but I remember having a hard time coming up with new food ideas. Any help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
    Venus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.
    health and weight loss tips

    ReplyDelete